MAUI ADULT DAY CARE CENTERS
11 Mahaolu Street
Kahului, HI 96732
OCEAN VIEW FACILITY
at the Nisei Veterans Memorial Center
Maui Adult Day Care Centers
Maui Adult Day Care Centers (MADCC) has been caring for the seniors of Maui County for over 35 years.
This caring nonprofit provides social daytime therapeutic programs for individuals who are frail, elderly, diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other related forms of dementia, and adults who are physically and mentally challenged.
MADCC operates four programs on Maui. In addition to the program at our Center, they also provide adult day care services in Kahului, Hana and Lahaina, with another completing construction in Kihei.
Clients enjoy a broad range of programs and activities, including:
- Daily upper and lower body physical exercises
- Memory enhancement activities to stimulate cognitive thinking
- Music, karaoke singing, dancing, old-time movies, excursions, animal visitation
- Personal care, e.g. bathing services, hair cuts, and manicures
- Hot meals and snacks
- Excursions with other seniors, and sometimes with preschoolers
- Individual and group games such as chair bowling, bingo, and croquette
MADCC also offers a wide range of caregiver support programs, including Saturday respite services, Friday night Sundowner club, and caregiver workshops and support groups.
For more information, www.madcc.org.